The physical educators of Van Buren Intermediate School District are committed to the provision of developmentally appropriate instruction that will allow the learners to acquire the physical skills, knowledge and personal social attributes necessary to pursue a healthy, active lifestyle.
Developmentally appropriate physical education today: Healthy, active lifestyles tomorrow.
- Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities
- Demonstrates an understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.